Physiotherapy Pilates Proactive is one of the few practices in Adelaide that specialises in the management of dance injuries.
Dance physiotherapy can help:
- Back pain and instability related problems
- Hip pain and tendonitis
- Patello-femoral (knee cap) soreness
- Shin spints
- Plantar fasciitis (foot instep pain) and other feet/toe problems
- Technique problems and over-use injuries
In addition, Pilates has for many years been recognised by the dance community as an extremely effective exercise regime for improving core stability and hence dance ability. At our studios, we offer many Pilates Mat classes as well as Pilates equipment programs includng use of the Reformer, Trapeze Table, Multi-chair, Torso Barrel and Ladder Barrel.
Specific one to one Pilates sessions for dancers aim to:
- Improve turnout for barre and all aspects of ballet
- Increase flexibility and strength for adage
- Improve precision and dynamics in allegro
- Enhance upper back and arm alignment for port de bras and arabesque
- Generally improve core stability for all dance moves