Physiotherapist & Pilates Instructor
“Seeing the results of people getting healthy and active again whilst improving their quality of life is very rewarding.”
For as long as she can remember, Gwendalyn wanted to become a physiotherapist. A background in dance inspired a need to learn how the body moves and works. Now she relishes the challenge and reward of helping her clients return to the activities they love to do. Gwendalyn’s diverse range of experience includes Community Health, spinal care, orthopaedic rehabilitation, hydrotherapy, acupressure and Pilates.
She has a strong interest in headache management having trained and worked with Dean Watson at the Watson Headache Clinic between 2002 and 2004. Gwendalyn is highly regarded for her treatment of cervicogenic headaches – those that originate from the neck. Gwendalyn has worked for PPP Stirling since 2004 and has relished the opportunity of meeting a broad spectrum of people from the Adelaide Hills community and beyond.
She is renowned for her exceptional physiotherapy knowledge and application as well as ability to deal with complex patient requirements.
Areas of Practice
- Pilates Rehabilitation
- Pilates Mat Work
- General Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Headache Assessment and Treatment
- Trigger Point Therapy and Acupressure
- Dance Injury Management
- Neuromuscular Dry Needling
- Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction – Polestar International – 2011
- McKenzie Therapy – McKenzie Institute – 2010
- Neuromuscular Dry Needling Certification – 2009
- Certified Polestar Pilates Practitioner (Rehab) – Polestar International – 2007
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy – SAIT – 1993