Physiotherapist & Pilates Instructor
“I aim to motivate my clients and help them to help themselves. I see my role as a physiotherapist more like a coach who can guide you through pain or other physical limitations to ultimately reach your goals.”
Tamara loves being active and helping others be and stay active. This stems from growing up in the Adelaide Hills and experiencing the positive effects of being involved in the netball, volleyball and tennis communities.
Tamara has a special interest in Chronic Disease Management, particularly lung disease including chest clearance. She has worked in Pulmonary Rehabilitation in the United Kingdom and much closer to home with the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Tamara’s other clinical interests include rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions especially shoulder injuries, knees, necks, ankles and headaches. She gets great results with a combination of manual therapy, including dry needling, and specific exercise prescription.
Combining her passion for Physiotherapy with a sense of adventure has taken Tamara from hospital rotations in the Southern Grampians regional Victoria to remote Indigenous communities in Far North Queensland and across the world to large sporting events like the World Police and Fire Games and the Commonwealth Games in the United Kingdom.
When Tamara’s not teaching Pilates or treating in the clinic she can be found training for long distance runs or looking for any sort of outdoor adventure whether it be surfing, rock climbing, camping or yoga.
Areas of Practice
- Chronic Disease Management (Lung disease/Heart Disease/Diabetes)
- Pilates rehabilitation
- Pilates Mat work
- Dry Needling
- General musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Master of Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) – James Cook University 2018
- Graduate Diploma of Public Health – James Cook University 2017
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) – University of South Australia 2009
- Comprehensive Rehab Polestar Pilates Course – commenced 2018
- Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI) Mat work Level 2 – 2013