Physiotherapist & Pilates Instructor
“I am truly passionate about helping others, which was the driving force for me choosing Physiotherapy as a career”
After completing her Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2011, Vicki gained considerable experience in acute hospital work at The Memorial Hospital, Flinders Private Hospital and Ashford Hospital. She has worked in the areas of Women’s Health, Day Rehabilitation, In-Patient Rehabilitation, Oncology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics. For the past few years, she has worked exclusively in Neurosurgery and Orthopedics at The Memorial Hospital.
Choosing Physiotherapy as a career fits well with Vicki’s naturally caring nature and positive outlook on life. She believes it is important to live a well-balanced and active life and her work as a Physio reflects these beliefs. She takes an active approach to rehabilitation, using self-management strategies, including education and exercise. Vicki finds her role as a Physio extremely rewarding as it allows her to work alongside clients to help them reach their potential and achieve their goals.
Vicki’s natural sporting talent has always been a big part of her life, and she has represented South Australia and Australia at indoor Volleyball. Her current sporting activities include State League indoor volleyball for South Adelaide Volleyball as well as trail running, hiking, yoga, stand up paddle boarding and Pilates, of course!
When she is not engaged in one of her many sporting activities, Vicki also has the travel bug (like many of the PPP team!) and has travelled solo through South America for six months, learning Spanish along the way.
Areas of Practice
- General Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Spinal, Neck and Shoulder Problems
- Dry Needling
- Running technique & injuries
- Pilates Rehabilitation and Mat work
- Diploma of Polestar Pilates Studio and Rehabilitation Method (Currently)
- Certification Dry Needling – City Physiotherapy (2017)
- Certificate IV in Polestar Matwork Method (2016)
- Certified Polestar Pilates Practitioner (Rehab) – Polestar International – 2014
- Neurological Physiotherapy Level 1 (2012)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (First Class Honours) – UniSA – (2011)