For Kelly with her dance background, studying physiotherapy felt like a natural step forward into a career in helping people move and feel better. She has always felt keenly aware of people’s movement patterns and body awareness and finding that Pilates was widely utilised in physiotherapy management, she undertook post graduate Pilates training as soon as she graduated in 2011. She has worked in private practice and taught Pilates ever since with an eagle eye for proper technique and passion for helping create mind-body connections for improved posture, general well-being and a variety musculoskeletal and chronic pain concerns.
Kelly has a special interest in treating dancers but loves seeing a wider range of presentations in the general community. She feels in her element treating lower back pain, hips, headaches and feet and has strong manual therapy skills including dry needling. Most recently she also worked with pregnant and postnatal women to help manage a variety of issues including pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain (PPGP) and abdominal separation in the clinic room and with Pilates as active management.
Kelly has two teenage children and manages her mind and body with trail walks and Pilates. She loves reading and is in two book clubs and loves a chat with her clients about books, movies, plays and art.
Areas of Practice
- General Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Neck and back pain
- Feet and neuropathy
- Pregnancy & postnatal pain
- Dance related injuries & assessments
- Dry Needling
- Pilates Rehabilitation and Matwork
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy UniSA
- GEMT Dry Needling: Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS) Levels 1 & 2
- McKenzie Therapy (Part A & Part B)
- Kinesio Taping 1 & 2
- Clinical Pilates: Polestar method & DMA Units A & B
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Member (APAM)