Bake-offs have started to become a thing here at Physio Pilates Proactive, so we thought it would be fun to share some of our Physio’s favourite recipes for you to try at home.
- 40 grams pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 40 grams sunflower seeds
- 40 grams chia seeds
- 15 grams Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 3/4-1 teaspoon sea salt
- 20 grams Flax seeds
- 20 grams buckwheat flour
- 165 grams water
- 10 grams olive oil
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together well
Set aside for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 150C.
- Cut 4 pieces of baking paper, the same size as your 2 oven trays
Place half the seedy mixture on 1 piece of baking paper on a flat surface.
- Place a second piece of baking paper on top
Roll out between the two pieces until very flat and even.
- Carefully peel back and remove the top layer of baking paper
Using a blunt knife, make lines in the mixture to ensure the crackers easily snap apart after baking. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes
Check to see if they are crisp and if not place back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Dry on racks and snap apart
When cooled, place in an air-tight container.
- Serve with cheese, quince paste or dips